The Chapter Advisor
A chapter advisor to a Pi Alpha Phi chapter makes a major commitment to the leaders of tomorrow. It is not an easy job, but helping our chapter's men flourish into strong leaders is incredibly rewarding and meaningful experience.
What are the values of Pi Alpha Phi?
- Academic Excellence
- Asian Awareness
What are the basic expectations of a chapter advisor?
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
- Be proactive. Do not wait for problems to come up
- Set up face-to-face meetings at least once per month
- Communicate regularly with the chapter, alumni, national leadership, and campus-based advisors
- Be a great role model for the students. They will model your actions more than your words
- Hold a chapter leadership retreat twice per year
Who can be a chapter advisor?
It's recommended that the advisor be an alumnus of any chapter of Pi Alpha Phi, but non-members are able to fill the role. The most important qualification is a desire to help.
Are there any resources and support for the chapter advisor?
Pi Alpha Phi maintains a Chapter Advisor Manual for detailed descriptions and advice.
Who can I contact for more information?
The Pi Alpha Phi National Board of Directors can be reached via email